Get free stuff…
Have some fun…
Learn with me about the publishing process…
And most importantly,
Help my new book help God’s people!
I’ve been hinting about my new book for a while now. Very soon it is going to launch! I am really excited about this.
The book is Love Your Bible: Finding Your Way to the Presence of God with a 12th Century Monk.
I need your help to bring it into the world.
A whole lot of today’s Christians do not have a life-giving way to approach the Bible. In Love Your Bible I introduce 21st century Christians to classic medieval lectio divina, the prayerful way of engaging with Scripture that built disciples for more than a millennium.
This deeply rooted Christian practice can renew your engagement with Scripture so that it fuels a life-giving relationship with God. Real lectio divina asks more and gives more than the superficial version so common today. It helps you bring your whole self to the Bible, intellectually and spiritually, for the sake of coming straight into presence of God.
Here’s where we enter the strange new world of publishing:
- To reach readers with a book today you need a launch–the word has to get out through blogs and social media or nobody ever sees it.
- A successful launch requires a team of helpful people–folks who share in the book’s mission and spread the word.
- I hope 25 of you will want to join that team–and if you like what I do on this blog or in Kneeling with Giants you are going to love Love Your Bible.
This is the first time I’ve done this. It is an experiment and I hope to learn a lot. After this, when my next full-scale book comes to print I’ll be ready to help it succeed.
Write to me with the contact form below if you are interested and we can get ready to roll.
Here’s what launch team members will receive:
- A free copy of the ebook before anyone else sees it.
- Two free signed copies when the print edition comes out–one for you and one to give away.
- If you are a blogger, one easier day’s work with several possibilities for a launch-related post.
- If you decide to use the book in a small group or class, I’ll meet with your group via Skype.
- I’ll send you my insider’s report, analyzing the process, when it is all over–everything I learn and what I plan to do differently next time.
- You will absolutely have my deep and lasting gratitude!
Here’s what launch team members will commit to:
- Post a review of the book when it goes up for sale on Amazon. Copy the review to Goodreads if you are a member.
- If you are a blogger, post either a review, a guest post, or an interview with me during the launch month, with links to the book.
- Post about the book on social media–Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, whatever–with links to the book.
- Personally give one of your free copies of the book to someone who could use it in ministry.
- Anything else we can come up with that sounds fun and useful! (Ideas are very welcome.)
I’ve had a ton of fun writing this book. Learning about how to do a book launch is a great adventure. I especially look forward to working on this together, since it gives me a chance to connect with you and other readers.
Use the contact form below to let me know you are interested. I’ll write back with a couple of questions. I’ll be picking 25 for the team by the end of January!
Let’s have some fun!
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]